Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Season by Sarah MacLean

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ½ I thought this book was well written. I loved the relationship between Gavin and Alex. They had great chemistry, witty dialogue, and they had that "friends to lovers/boy next door" sort of plot I like.

As I am reading this with a young adult, I tried to look at this story from her point of view. She has never read a historical romance before and I thought there was just enough informative details - what types of clothes/layers of clothes they wore, the order of titles etc.- thrown in that I think it would be a wonderful introduction to this genre for her. Also, as this author usually writes more adult types of books.. this story is age appropriate.. nothing steamy, but all the good butterflies!

Lastly, I really enjoyed the secondary characters! Is it just me or does anyone else wish Vivi and Will would get together??   Now, I wonder if they have their own stories! … Perhaps they do?? I must check into this! I am very glad I read this book.



The Blurb:

Seventeen year old Lady Alexandra is strong-willed and sharp-tongued; in a house full of older brothers and their friends, she had to learn to hold her own. Not the best makings for an aristocratic lady in Regency London. Yet her mother still dreams of marrying Alex off to someone safe, respectable, and wealthy. But between ball gown fittings, dances, and dinner parties, Alex, along with her two best friends, Ella and Vivi, manages to get herself into what may be her biggest scrape yet.
When the Earl of Blackmoor is mysteriously killed, Alex decides to help his son, the brooding and devilishly handsome Gavin, uncover the truth. But will Alex's heart be stolen in the process? In an adventure brimming with espionage, murder, and other clandestine affairs, who could possibly have time to worry about finding a husband? Romance abounds as this year's season begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment