Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover (Audio Edition)

Narrated by: Mia Barron, Leland King
Welcome to the Point #1

♥ ♥ ♥ This story was a first for me in a couple ways. It was the first time I had read this author, and the first time reading this type of hero. While I thought the writing was very well done, I came to the conclusion I like my "bad boys" a little more on the good side, than being bad to the point of criminal.

Bax was an interesting character, though at times I couldn't understand why he would make certain choices, he did keep true to his character. Dovie seemed a bit too young for me. If she had been older, perhaps I could have accepted this story a bit easier. Their interactions together were good and I liked how Bax fell for her. The secondary characters were engaging and I can see how people would be drawn into this world.


In the end, this book, with the whole criminal as the lead role, just wasn't my thing. I couldn't fathom why the characters did what they did at points and at others I just shook my head because I didn't see this story ending well… but I know it's a story so I will just let that go! The plot was decent and the story moved at a good pace.

The narration was pretty good, I think Leland King played the role of Bax really well. Mia Barron’s voice for Dovie took some getting used to for me. In the end I had no problems with her. Both narrators were clear spoken.

This book was highly recommended to me and the writing is good. So, if you like your boys badder than bad… then I bet you would enjoy this book!


The Blurb:

Welcome to the Point

There’s a difference between a bad boy and a boy who’s bad . . . meet Shane Baxter.

Sexy, dark, and dangerous, Bax isn’t just from the wrong side of the tracks, he is the wrong side of the tracks. A criminal, a thug, and a brawler, he’s the master of bad choices, until one such choice landed him in prison for five years. Now Bax is out and looking for answers, and he doesn’t care what he has to do or who he has to hurt to get them. But there’s a new player in the game, and she’s much too innocent, much too soft…and standing directly in his way.

Dovie Pryce knows all about living a hard life and the tough choices that come with it. She’s always tried to be good, tried to help others, and tried not to let the darkness pull her down. But the streets are fighting back, things have gone from bad to worse, and the only person who can help her is the scariest, sexiest, most complicated ex-con The Point has ever produced.

Bax terrifies her, but it doesn’t take Dovie long to realize that some boys are just better when they’re bad.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment