Friday, October 07, 2016

What Happens Under the Mistletoe by Sabrina Jeffries, Karen Hawkins and Candace Camp

Overall Rating: 5 Stars -This book was a surprise for me, I was hesitant to pick it up.. mostly because I had other books in line from my favourite authors and this book has 3 out 4 authors that I don't know that well. I am sure glad I read this though! What a fantastic compilation of stories!

The Heiress and the Hothead by Sabrina Jeffries

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ½  Well first off this story takes place on my birthday -  a century and a half earlier.. but still great choice in days!  I like the little feeling I get from Warren toward his ward Clarissa… Could they have a story?  Stephen and Amanda had good chemistry… I only felt it seemed rushed at one tiny spot. The writing was well done, and I quite enjoyed the family dynamics. I got a few chuckles as well which is always a bonus!

Twelve Kisses to Midnight by Karen Hawkins

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I can feel the chemistry right away between Marcus and Kenna. These characters had a lot of internal monologues, more than usual from Hawkins I thought - not bad at all, just different. Even though it's a short story. The writing is so well done it doesn't feel rushed or lacking at all.

By Any Other Name by Candace Camp

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ Right away I am intrigued by this story. Has a bit of the Cinderella feel in part where she is mysterious and he wants to find her.  I loved the pace of this book. It didn't feel rushed and I felt the chemistry between the Rylla and Gregory throughout the entire story.  I don't believe I have read this author before, but I will be sure to check out her back list!

Sweetest Regret by Meredith Duran

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I am generally not a fan of political plots so when this started off as a party full of politicians, I was a bit disappointed, however when the two lead got together on the page.. some crazy magic happened. Lucas.. his words, his feelings.. wow! What a great lead! The writing was wonderful, and did not feel like a short story at all. I am definitely going to check out more from this author!

* I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review *

No comments:

Post a Comment