Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Playing for Love at Deep Haven (After We Break) by Katy Regnery (Audio Edition)

Narrated by: Megan Solesski

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ½ Katy Regnery really knows how to write emotion into her story. This book feels enough like real life to give you that powerful connection - with the knowledge that there's going to be a happy ever after, because let's face it, at some points you gotta wonder if it's gonna be there.  This is a second chance book. Not one of my favoured plot lines but it was still done well.


I love how Zach just eventually laid it all out there for her, kept telling her and pretty much just hoped to hell she felt the same. I understand why Violet was hesitant to put her feelings out there again… but at one point she had basically told him how she felt (without those using those 3 little words) and then she continued to treat the situation like she hadn't. Which sorta confused me… enough that I had to go back in the book and listen to what had actually been said… to see if I had imagined it. I hadn't.  
Aside from that though, this story was well written and enjoyable.  The Narrator Megan Solesski, did a good job. Her voice was a bit clipped at times but she was clear and easy to understand. She conveyed the emotions in the book decently, I thought.  I would listen to her again.

The first book I read by this author (Never Let You Go) was SO good, that in my eyes I feel she will have a hard time topping it. This book is my third of hers, and while it did not top my favourite one, I have not yet been disappointed! I will keep moving through Regnery’s backlist!  


The Blurb:

She was the girl. The only girl. The only girl I ever wanted. The only girl I ever loved. The only girl I could ever love. And I killed it. I destroyed it. I threw her love away. For nine years, I've kept the memory of her locked in the deepest corner of my heart... all the while hating myself for what I did to her. To us. 

Now, without warning, she's walked back into my life. I'm covered in tats. She's covered in Polo. I write heavy metal songs. She writes chick-lit. My eyes are angry. Her eyes are sad. I still long for her with every fiber of my being. But I have no idea if she feels the same. I guess it's time to find out. 








4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite Regnery book!! #violetliketheflower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a good writer! It was a close call!! I read Never Let You Go a while ago and I still get all sighy when I think about it! :)

      Delete
    2. She is such a good writer! It was a close call!! I read Never Let You Go a while ago and I still get all sighy when I think about it! :)

      Delete