Thursday, July 14, 2016

Only You by Denise Grover Swank



♥ ♥ ♥ ½ This was a good straightforward love story. There were some funny situations which gave me a chuckle, a decent hitch that made it a little more difficult for Kevin and Holly to be together and I really liked how the author made it possible for me to like the mother-inlaw.. when ealier in the story I didn't.

I enjoyed the chemistry between Holly and Kevin and found myself looking forward to seeing them together.  I do wish Holly hadn't drifted back and forth between we can be friends.. maybe we can be more..  so often, but it wasn't so much that I was rolling my eyes or anything. The ending was sweet but I wish there had been a bit more passion.

Also.. there was a mention of the house costing him $22,000… that seemed really low..even for a fixer-uper... maybe this was just the down payment? Cause if not, maybe I should move!!! Ha ha!! This was the first book I have read by this author and I found her writing style engaging and easy to read. I would read more from her and I am hoping Tyler gets a story!

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*


Here's the blurb:

Romance isn't an option for Holly Greenwood. With her wedding planner career on the line she needs to stay focused, and that means pleasing her demanding boss, not getting distracted by her mind-alteringly hot neighbor . . . 

Ex-Marine Kevin Vandemeer craves normalcy. Instead, he has a broken-down old house in need of a match and some gasoline, a meddling family, and the uncanny ability to attract the world's craziest women. At least that last one he can fix: he and his buddies have made a pact to swear off women, and this includes his sweetly sexy new neighbor. 

After one hot night that looks a whole lot like a disaster in the light of day, Kevin and Holly are about to learn that true love doesn't play by the rules . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment