Friday, June 03, 2016

Anything For You by Kristan Higgins

Blue Heron #5 

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I have waited for Connor's story for what feels like forever!  I really wanted him to have his HEA. He's such a sweet caring guy, good sense of humour, a chef and successful business owner and great looking… the whole package… but he's only got eyes for this girl, that quite frankly, throughout this entire series, I have never really liked.

Yes, Jessica has had a rough life, and yes she's hard working, responsible and devoted to caring for her brother, I will give her that. However, she's so prideful and stubborn that she turns away help and breaks the heart of an awesome guy one too many times for my liking. It just makes me think she will just cut and run when the going gets tough… but maybe that's just me.

Aside from that, I loved the interactions between Connor and his sister Colleen. They always crack me up. The visit back to Blue Heron was a nice reminder of all the other characters as I really have enjoyed this series. Kristan Higgins is a wonderful writer.  I think I have a few more of her back list on my tbr shelf which is good, as I hate when I am update with a great author! Then it’s all patience, patience, patience as I wait for their new stuff!!!  Ha!


Here's the blurb:

Before you get down on bended knee… 

…you should be pretty darn sure the answer will be yes. For ten years, Connor O'Rourke has been waiting for Jessica Dunn to take their on-again, off-again relationship public, and he thinks the time has come. His restaurant is thriving, she's got her dream job at Blue Heron Vineyard—it's the perfect time to get married. 

When he pops the question, however, her answer is a fond but firm no. If it ain't broke, why fix it? Jess has her hands full with her younger brother, who's now living with her full-time, and a great career after years of waitressing. What she and Connor have is perfect: friends with an excellent benefits package. Besides, with her difficult past (and reputation), she's positive married life isn't for her. 

But this time, Connor says it's all or nothing. If she doesn't want to marry him, he'll find someone who does. Easier said than done, given that he's never loved anyone but her. And maybe Jessica isn't quite as sure as she thinks…

No comments:

Post a Comment