Saturday, April 30, 2016

Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis

Cedar Ridge #3

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ I wish I had been able to just sit down and devour this book in one sitting! Sadly, I was super busy and had to just sneak bits here and there.. but I was longing to get back to it every chance I got!  I loved the sparks between Jacob and Sophie right from their first meet.

I was unsure how I would like Jacob's story, as he is only mentioned in the other two books. You don't get to meet him, which is often what draws me to the other books in the series; the fact that I love the secondary characters so much. Jacob, honestly didn't sound all that appealing.. His twin brother hadn't heard from him for a long time. (He just leaves and joins the military after an argument.) Yes, he's paid his share of the costs to care for their mother, but that long with no contact because of a somewhat childish fight.. seems selfish. So it was surprising to me, how fast I ended up liking him. 

The way he falls, and falls hard for Sophie is awesome. I laughed out loud more than once and Sophie, wow, was she ever a fantastic multitasker! She was strong and self-sufficient. I enjoyed her rebukes to Jacob and the fact that she couldn't resist him. 

I was a teeny bit disappointed that it looks like maybe Kenna won't get her own book...  but there were some great little parts in this story with her, so I guess that will have to do for now! This book fully kept me wanting to read and it's fair to say it was my favourite of the series! If you haven't visited Cedar Ridge... You should!  

** I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review ** 

To Purchase:

Amazon CAKoboAmazon USNook

 Here's the blurb:

SOMETIMES YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN…

After an overseas mission goes wrong, Army Special Forces officer Jacob Kincaid knows where he must go to make things right: back home to the tiny town of Cedar Ridge, Colorado. All he needs to scrub away his painful past is fresh mountain air, a lakeside cabin, and quiet solitude. But what he discovers is a gorgeous woman living on a boat at his dock.

Sophie Marren has nowhere else to go. She’s broke, intermittently seasick, and fighting a serious attraction to the brooding, dishy, I’m-too-sexy-for-myself guy who’s now claiming her dock. Something about Jacob’s dark intensity makes her want to tease—and tempt—him beyond measure. Neither one wants to give any ground . . . until they realize the only true home they have is with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment