Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Rising Storm - Midseason 1: After the Storm by Lexi Blake

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ This book starts out very lovey dovey, towards Ginny “I forgive you sister” … “we were wrong to judge you” etc.. personally at this point I was thinking.. wow.. she's getting off easy. Then I find out all the drama of the last book took place... yesterday! This book picks up from the last one on the day after, and they are already forgiving and forgetting?? Hmmm.... seems a bit quick for me.


Dakota, is still Dakota, and here is where the rest of the town is not as forgiving. Which seems more realistic to me. I liked the flow of this book and the story progressed well. Ginny is starting to grow as a person, accept her faults, and is working towards fixing them.  It took me a bit to remember who was who, as there are a lot of characters, but once it came back.. It all came back!  I am looking forward to the next episode.


This is a “soap-opera style" series, so it’s best to start with the first book. Check out their website for information on the other books in the series.

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review*


Release Date: March 29th, 2016

To Purchase:

Amazon CA, Kobo, Amazon US, Nook, ibook


Here's the blurb:

Secrets, Sex and Scandals … 

Welcome to Storm, Texas, where passion runs hot, desire runs deep, and secrets have the power to destroy… Get ready. The storm is coming. 

In the wake of Dakota’s revelations, the whole town is reeling. Ginny Moreno has lost everything. Logan Murphy is devastated by her lies. Brittany Rush sees her family in a horrifying new light. And nothing will ever be the same… 

No comments:

Post a Comment