Friday, December 18, 2015

When a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ½  I loved the idea that the fictional hero of Maddie’s letters comes to greet her in real life.  The letters to MacKenzie were awesome.. I laughed out loud a lot! I love it when there are letters involved in stories. The way she keeps changing his name. “MacFantasy, MacSleepy etc” too good! Both leads were wonderfully developed characters, and I didn’t want to stop reading. 

I did deduct half a heart for something small -that I don’t want to say as it’s a spoiler - but whenever this happens in books.. it just bugs me, and that sometimes Logan seemed a bit too set out on revenge, which I did find out why near the end, but gave me mixed feelings during the rest of the book. So, I wasn’t sure if I liked him or not, I know I wanted to like him….  However, even taking those into consideration, this was a truly enjoyable book! This is the third book in the "Castles Ever After" series and what a wonderful series it was! I highly recommend it.

To Purchase:
Amazon CA, Kobo, Amazon US, Nook

Here's the blurb:

On the cusp of her first London season, Miss Madeline Gracechurch was shyly pretty and talented with a drawing pencil, but hopelessly awkward with gentlemen. She was certain to be a dismal failure on the London marriage mart. So Maddie did what generations of shy, awkward young ladies have done: she invented a sweetheart.

A Scottish sweetheart. One who was handsome and honorable and devoted to her, but conveniently never around. Maddie poured her heart into writing the imaginary Captain MacKenzie letter after letter … and by pretending to be devastated when he was (not really) killed in battle, she managed to avoid the pressures of London society entirely.

Until years later, when this kilted Highland lover of her imaginings shows up in the flesh. The real Captain Logan MacKenzie arrives on her doorstep—handsome as anything, but not entirely honorable. He’s wounded, jaded, in possession of her letters… and ready to make good on every promise Maddie never expected to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment