Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Rising Storm - Episode 7: Weather the Storm by Lisa Mondello

♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2  This episode focuses mainly on Tara, Bryce and their family. Though Dakota has a few great scenes as well.

What I loved:
• Dakota's scenes were written fantastically. She was in perfect form in this book... for Dakota, that is.
• Some long awaited events are starting to unfold which is awesome.
• Mondello wrote Tara and Bryce well. I could feel that what they were going through and how it was taking a toll on their relationship and themselves personally as well.
• Also I enjoyed how this was dealt with.

What I liked less:
• This novella took me a while to read.. While overall it was good, I felt a lot of time was devoted to Tara and her mundane activities to get her mind off what she's dealing with. Personally, I didn't feel these activities needed to be written in as much detail as they were.

I am very excited to read (what I believe is) the last episode of the series! It has been a totally unique series for me and I recommend it.

** I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review **

Purchase Links:


Here's the Blurb:

Secrets, Sex and Scandals … 

Welcome to Storm, Texas, where passion runs hot, desire runs deep, and secrets have the power to destroy… Get ready. The storm is coming. 

Bryce Daniels faces a crisis of faith when his idyllic view of his family is challenged with his son’s diagnosis of autism. Instead of accepting his wife and her tight-knit family’s comfort, he pushes them away, fears from his past threatening to undo the happiness he’s found in his present.

No comments:

Post a Comment