Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Rising Storm - Episode 5: Calm Before The Storm by Larissa Ione

♥ ♥ ♥ 1/2  This book focuses mainly on Brittany and Marcus however we get glimpses and snippets of the other characters we've  come to love.

What I loved:
• The flirting and chemistry between Brittany and Marcus.
•The "old friend" bond between Marcus and Logan, their scenes were great!
•The evil that is Senator Rush and his Mother... wonderfully written.

What I liked less:
• Marcus is undecided about his immediate future at this point in the story, which is fine.. but sometimes came across more wishy-washy than I would expect from his character.
• Simple misunderstandings... I really dislike when these go on for far too long.... now this one could play out totally differently in the next book, than I am picturing. But I have a strong feeling it won't and sadly because of that, has left a sour taste in my mouth at the end of this episode and has lost .5 of a star from me.

I had not read this author before and while her writing was good it did take me some time to adjust to it... and honestly I can't put my finger on why... that said, I am glad I have book 6 on my kindle ready to go.. I cant wait to see what's going to happen!

** I recieved a free copy in exchange for an honest review **

To Purchase:


Here's the blurb:

Marcus Alvarez fled Storm when his father’s drinking drove him over the edge. With his mother and sisters in crisis, Marcus is forced to return to the town he thought he’d left behind. But it is his attraction to a very grown up Brittany Rush that just might be enough to guarantee that he stays.

No comments:

Post a Comment