Monday, September 28, 2015

Rising Storm - Episode 2: White Lightning by Lexi Blake

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  Like any good show, there's always the bad guys, the guys you love to hate. This book was, for me, written mostly around those characters, and Lexi Blake wrote those characters well.  In the first book/episode so much happened. Lots of events, introductions to the people of Storm Texas and a few secrets and shocking moments were revealed. In this episode - which is the second, it felt a little slower paced as more time was focused on character development. That was not a bad thing of course. I still got to read about a few of my favourite characters Yes, Dillon Murphy is one of them. As well as watch more of the other story lines unfold a little bit more. 

 I was unsure how these books would play out.  At first I thought perhaps after the first book of introductions, each episode/book would deal with their own characters, and their story allowing the other characters to visit throughout it - for lack of a better term. However, this is not the case. Blake just continued where Kenner left off. I find this a very unique and interesting writing situation.  I am looking forward to the third book. I am excited to see how things play out. I love the idea of a different author writing a continuation of a story each time. It's kind of like the story game I used to play when I was a kid.. and now play with my children, where I start with an event, and the next person adds to that storyline, etc and so on. It's just even better with these wonderful authors doing it! 

 The only heaitation I have, and I am trying not to give spoilers here...  There are a a few plots lines in this story that I can see them using as pure shock value type drama, in keeping with the soap opera theme. This is probably just the hopeless romantic in me.. but I really hope to see them not do that all the time. I am good with drama and twists and turns, and I understand thats what these authors are specifically trying to create and they are doing a great job. But I read romance for a reason.. I like my "Happily Ever Afters". On another note, the lovely authors of this series have also decided to make a Family Tree! This will come in handy for sure in keeping all the people straight in this little town. I reccommend you read the first book in this series "Tempest Rising by Julie Kenner" before this book as this is just a continuation of the first. This series is to be one long "show" if you will. 

** I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **




No comments:

Post a Comment