Sunday, September 20, 2015

Rising Storm - Episode 1: Tempest Rising by Julie Kenner

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  I had the chance to be a part of the review crew for a new series called Rising Storm.  I am so excited that I was accepted! This is to be a series of 8 books - novellas - that will be release week by week and each "episode" is written by a different author. All the characters interchange within each book, so it feels like a soap opera. I just finished the first installment in the series Tempest Rising

It was well written, considering Ms. Kenner had to set up the whole small town scene, characters and back stories etc.. Never once did I feel like I was getting bogged down the by details that had to be shared so I could follow all the story lines. The writing flowed wonderfully. I am already invested and have picked out a few characters to be my favourites. 

I am looking forward to all the twists and turns this kind of storyline brings. I am happy to say I gasped more than once while reading this book. I can't wait to see what the next episode brings!  If you like a series that take place in a small town, and lots of secrets, sex and scandals.. this is a series is for you!! 

On a side note: I haven't read anything by Julie Kenner before, but I am surely going to look up her back list! If all the writing in this series is as good as this book, I will have seven new-to-me authors! Gotta love that bonus! 

** I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review **

Here is a link to the series website - go forth and check these out! 
Rising Storm Series: Episdoe 1 Tempest Rising

Links to Purchase: 
Amazon CAAmazon USKoboNook

Here's the Blurb: 

Secrets, Sex and Scandals …

Welcome to Storm, Texas, where passion runs hot, desire runs deep, and secrets have the power to destroy… Get ready. The storm is coming.

Nestled among rolling hills and painted with vibrant wildflowers, the bucolic town of Storm, Texas, seems like nothing short of perfection.

But there are secrets beneath the facade. Dark secrets. Powerful secrets. The kind that can destroy lives and tear families apart. The kind that can cut through a town like a tempest, leaving jealousy and destruction in its wake, along with shattered hopes and broken dreams. All it takes is one little thing to shatter that polish.

Ginny Moreno didn’t mean to do it, but when she came home to Storm, she brought the tempest with her. And now everyone will be caught in its fury…




No comments:

Post a Comment