Sunday, March 08, 2015

The Look of Love by Bella Andre

★★ This is my first Bella Andre book. I was really excited to read her as I have heard soo much about her Sullivans. I love family series, getting to know all the siblings and relatives a little more with each story. Just makes you feel like your one of the family! I enjoyed her writing style which made the book seem promising.. however there was just too much sex for me. It seemed to me that is all they did, page after page. It got tiresome and I found myself skimming through the scenes.

The plot of an abused hero/heroine learning to trust again is not my favourite.  However, I have read stories in the past with this plot and it can be a very powerful story if done well. I felt that the timeline of this story (4-5 days) was not sufficient time to heal those kind of wounds if she was indeed suffering... and I got tired of each of the characters questioning themselves after each sexual encounter.... "oh i shouldn't of had sex with him. . I don't want to let a man into a position where he could have power over me" and him "oh I shouldn't of had sex with her.. she wasn't ready..I am not acting honourably.. I only want what she will give me freely".. I just wanted to scream at the book.

But even after all of that I still may try her again.. even though the next book sounds like a similar plot with probably just as much sex.  We shall see :)

Here's the Blurb:

Chloe Peterson is having a bad night. A really bad night. The large bruise on her cheek can attest to that. And when her car skids off the side of a wet country road straight into a ditch, she's convinced even the gorgeous guy who rescues her in the middle of the rain storm must be too good to be true. Or is he?

As a successful photographer who frequently travels around the world, Chase Sullivan has his pick of beautiful women, and whenever he's home in San Francisco, one of his seven siblings is usually up for causing a little fun trouble. Chase thinks his life is great just as it is--until the night he finds Chloe and her totaled car on the side of the road in Napa Valley. Not only has he never met anyone so lovely, both inside and out, but he quickly realizes she has much bigger problems than her damaged car. Soon, he is willing to move mountains to love--and protect--her, but will she let him?

Chloe vows never to make the mistake of trusting a man again. Only, with every loving look Chase gives her--and every sinfully sweet caress--as the attraction between them sparks and sizzles, she can't help but wonder if she's met the only exception. And although Chase didn't realize his life was going to change forever in an instant, amazingly, he isn't the least bit interested in fighting that change. Instead, he's gearing up for a different fight altogether...for Chloe's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment