Friday, October 17, 2014

In Your Dreams by Kristan Higgins

★★★ 3.5 Stars 

This book... well Jack and Emmaline, weren't characters I had longed to read about.. I did have trouble enjoying their relationship.. The way Jack kept going to help his ex, bothered me, the way Emmaline was towards her ex bothered me, and the way Emmaline was towards Jack's ex.. was kinda hypocritical of her.. Granted Higgins did fix all this and gave me a nice HEA.. I just wished she'd fixed all that bothered me a wee bit sooner... just my opinion (hence the loss of a star for that)

This story was full of emotions for me. I got all teary, and angry, and frustrated and happy.. it was all there, and in the right spots I am guessing.. so points to Higgins on that front. That doesn't happen often. I just wish I could have LOVED the characters more.. the choices they made just killed me sometimes. Still it was worth the read. This is the fourth book in the "Blue Heron" series and I look forward to more as I am still hoping Connor gets a story!


Here's the Blurb:

Emmaline Neal needs a date. Just a date—someone to help her get through her ex-fiancé's wedding without losing her mind. But pickings are slim in Manningsport, New York, population 715. In fact, there's really only one option: local heartthrob Jack Holland. Everyone loves Jack, and he won't get the wrong idea…. After all, Jack Holland would never actually be interested in a woman like Em. Especially not with his beautiful ex-wife creeping around, angling to reunite ever since he rescued a group of teens and became a local hero.

But when the wedding festivities take an unexpectedly passionate turn, Em figures it was just one crazy night. Jack is too gorgeous, too popular, to ever end up with her. So why is she the one he can talk to about his deep, dark feelings? If Em is going to get her dream man, she'll have to start by believing in him…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment